




A truly memorable 10th anniversary for us! Here is the wonderful family day that we had:
Adam took the day off. A much needed break, I might add. We took Zoe to school, spent time in her class and then headed for the coast for breakfast. We spent time walking around downtown Encinitas taking in all the little funky shops & eateries & then exploring the cliffs above the beach. It was like a little mini vacation. The sun was warm, the ocean breeze was gentle & the air smelled like the Eucalyptus trees. The view of the water was, as always, spectacular. We then headed back to Zoe's school to spend more time in her class and pick her up. Then we all went out for smoothies. Then we headed to the library for books. Then it was back to the coast where we brought Zoe to Craig & Deb's house (THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS!) (see the pic we took of being stuck in traffic on the 5- note the 6 or 7 lanes of stopped cars) & she got to spend some time playing at our cousins' while mommy & daddy had an anniversary dinner date. They ended up going out for pizza, video games & ice cream. Zoe was in heaven. YUMMY for us- we ate at The Beach House in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Even though the coast was now socked in with fog we kept our al fresco table by the water and got to dine listening to & watching the waves. I had the Macadamia nut encrusted salmon & coconut prawns and Adam had some type of lobster dish. DE-LISH.
I can't believe it has been a decade since we got married. On that cold (the coldest day in MN recorded history!) day in February in Minnesota. What were we thinking???? (I mean about getting married in February, not actually about getting married!). We'll never live that one down from all the out of town California & Arizona relatives who never ever felt cold like that (and hope to never again!).
To my beloved AdamBug, one decade down, five or six more to go! It's been a trip. I am so glad you are the one along for the ride. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment